Data Governance and Metadata framework for Hadoop
Atlas is a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance services – enabling enterprises to effectively and efficiently meet their compliance requirements within Hadoop and allows integration with the whole enterprise data ecosystem.
- Import or define taxonomy business-oriented annotations for data
- Define, annotate, and automate capture of relationships between data sets and underlying elements including source, target, and derivation processes
- Export metadata to third-party systems
- Capture security access information for every application, process, and interaction with data
- Capture the operational information for execution, steps, and activities
Search & Lineage (Browse)
- Pre-defined navigation paths to explore the data classification and audit information
- Text-based search features locates relevant data and audit event across Data Lake quickly and accurately
- Browse visualization of data set lineage allowing users to drill-down into operational, security, and provenance related information
Security & Policy Engine
- Rationalize compliance policy at runtime based on data classification schemes, attributes and roles.
- Advanced definition of policies for preventing data derivation based on classification (i.e. re-identification) – Prohibitions
- Column and Row level masking based on cell values and attibutes.